The Band Rotunda constructed in 1913 at a cost of 297 pounds appears to have been designed by Council offices. It is sited on the sloping lawn above the lake giving it prominence from a number of viewpoints. The building is octagonal, with open bandstand area elevated about 2.7 metres above a ground floor used as a Tea Kiosk. Access to the upper floor was by means of an external stair on the north side, now removed and replaced with an internal staircase. Dominating the building is the conical octagonal roof, steeply pitched to its apex and sweeping down in an elegant curve to a pronounced bell-cast at the eaves, supported on slender cast iron columns. The sounding board, which has a drop of 1foot 3 inches in the centre was considered as one of the best designs. The roofing material of unglazed terracotta Marseilles pattern tiles is distinctive and somewhat unusual.